Prosecco and Amarone through “I Borghi più Belli d’Italia”
This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)
Ama Terra realizes tailor-made experiences designed according to the needs of the most demanding travelers.
An example of a possible tour is described below.
A journey among food and wine excellences and enchanting villages.
Wine and Oil, passing through Verona to the hills of Valpolicella, Soave and Prosecco.
5 Days/ 4 Nights
Program with private excursions
DAY 1 – ARRIVAL | Check-in at Charming Agriturismo or Hotel 4*
- Arrival in Verona (on request transfer from airport or railway station);
- Check-in at selected charming Agriturismo or Hotel 4*;
- Welcome aperitif with typical wines and products;
- Dinner with traditional menù (wines and beverages are not included) and overnight stay.
DAY 2 – PROSECCO TOUR| Discovering the Italian Bubbles
An unforgettable tour on the amazing Prosecco hills, UNESCO heritage site: an enchanting place with picturesque villages and medieval cities and excellent wine symbol of the Italian aperitif known internationally: the Prosecco Superiore Docg.
- Breakfast in hotel
- Transfer by private car to Conegliano Valdobbiadene on the Prosecco hills;
- Guided visit of a Prosecco winery to learn the whole winemaking process, with a rich wine tasting of many kinds of Prosecco wines;
- Light lunch in a typical Trattoria on the Prosecco hills to enjoy not only the food but also the amazing landscape;
- In the afternoon the tour continue on the Cartizze hill, where the most exclusive variety of Prosecco is produced the “Cartizze Superiore DOCG”. Guided wine tasting of the full range of Prosecco wines, from the Dry version to the Extra-brut;
- Transfer to Asolo, one of the “Borghi più Belli d’Italia” for a relaxing walk. Asolo is one of the most enchanting hamlets in Italy, characterized by portico streets, noble dwellings and Osterie. A fascinating place on the rolling Asolo hills, a destination for poets and writers, for artists and travellers who found inspiration and harmony here. It is also well known for the Asolo Prosecco Docg;
- Transfer back to the accommodation, dinner and overnaight stay.
DAY 3 – VALPOLICELLA | Amarone – Wine and Flavours
- Breakfast in hotel;
- The morning will be dedicate to the typical products of territory.
Transfer by private car and wine expert tour leader to discover Valpolicella, hilly area located North of Verona and a few kilometres from Lake Garda. The hilly scenario known as Valpolicella is a cradle of the well-known Amarone DOCG (guarantee of origin), a land rich in food and wine excellences and with a strong cultural impact;
- Through a panoramic route in the Classic and Historical Valpolicella area, stop to a one of the most beautiful Villages of Italy “Borghi più Belli d’Italia”: San Giorgio Ingannapoltron, to admire its parish Church and an amazing view that reach up to the Lake Garda;
- Guided visit of an historical winery to discover the wine process of Amarone, with its special Appassimento (dry process) the way in which Valpolicella Ripasso is produced and then appreciate their different characteristics through a guided wine tasting: Valpolicella Classico, Ripasso, Amarone and Recioto. The visit includes a tour of the vineyard, the bottaia and the guided wine tasting;
- Light lunch in a typical trattoria/osteria;
- Transfer to the border between Valpolicella and Lessini Mountains to taste typical products, of salami and of cheeses at an historical company where it will be possible to visit the seasoning rooms of cheeses; including the famous Formaggio Ubriaco aged on the Amarone wine;
- Free time for having dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4 – VAL D’ILLASI | Discovering the “Green Gold” “Extra Virgin Olive Oil Dop”
- Breakfast in hotel;
- Morning for optional visit and free time for having lunch;
- The afternoon will be dedicated to the discovery of the so-called “green gold”, the extra virgin olive oil DOP (guarantee of origin) Veneto Valpolicella. Transfer by private car and wine & food expert tour leader to visit an oil mill to discover the production techniques of oil and oil tasting;
- Transfer to Soave, an enchanting medieval village that has become one of the most beautiful villages in Italy and known worldwide for its wine and territory. Stop for an exclusive aperitif at one of the historic wineries producing excellent white wine: the Soave Doc;
- Dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5 – CHECK-OUT | End of Services
- Breakfast in hotel and Check-out;
- (On request transfer for the airport and railway station).
- Duration: 5 days / 4 Nights
- Minimum 2 People
- Based on personal wishes and organizational needs, the itinerary can be modified