Valpolicella: Wine, Soul and History
This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)
Ama Terra realizes tailor-made experiences designed according to the needs of the most demanding travelers.
An example of a possible tour is described below.
Traditional fine wine and ancient hamlet discovering Amarone DOCG
- Scenic route, with stops to take pictures in the hilly landscape of Valpolicella, cradle of the renowned Amarone DOCG, a territory rich in eno-gastronomic excellencies and possessed of a strong cultural imprint. You will admire roman porticoes, vineyards and olive groves and to reach Valpolicella Classica with a special visit to a winery and an Amarone wine tasting.
- The visit at the winery begins, where possible, in the vineyard, and through the passionate tale of the producer it will be possible to discover the production techniques of Amarone, with its unique, special drying process, the way Valpolicella Ripasso is produced and then appreciate the different characteristics of these wines through a series of guided tastings: Valpolicella Classico, Ripasso, Amarone, Recioto.
- Stop to one of the “Borghi più Belli d’Italia” called San Giorgio Ingannapoltron with its enchanting ‘Pieve’ roman portico to admire an amazing view to the Valpolicella’s hills.
- Private tour
- Duration: Half day
- Pick-up/drop-off by private car
- Wine Expert tour leader
- 1 Guided visit of a winery with wine tasting